Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following
- Create shipment schedules along with driver assignments
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Dispatch driver’s shipment pick-ups and deliveries.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and established internal policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize time sensitive cargo.
- Notify drivers of pick-up and delivery assignments.
- Maintain shipment information.
- Ensure required paperwork is timely submitted to Houston.
- Read and assimilate stored data and enter new data in computer database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of OTR transport
- Knowledge of local geographic market.
- Working skills for Hours of Service under FMCSR 395 Interstate rules
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Bi Lingual Spanish a plus, not required
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office software.